How much input do I have?
I respect the fact that you know more about your business than anyone else possibly can.
Therefore, I rely on you to tell me what is important about your business, what purposes you want your website to serve and who your intended audience is.
- Help you define your goals
- Transform your vision and bring your vision to reality with photographs, graphics, text and interactives
- From concept to completion I am always in consultation with my clients.
Where do I begin?
I am your partner in the design process:
- I help you define the objectives of the website.
- You choose a domain name for your site.
- I will register your domain name, if you haven't already done so.
- Together, we survey what images and text are needed.
- Together, we collect all the available materials, what we call assets.
- I can create logos or graphics, if you need it.
- I combine my creative skills and technical know-how to design and develop the actual site.
- I can suggest professional writing services so you just have to tell our writer about your business and they will write the copy.
- Or you can create your own draft and I will provide editing upon your request.
- I can arrange for hosting and refer a search engine optimization provider.
I am a small business with a small marketing budget.Can I afford a web site?
You can't afford not to have a web site! Not being on the Internet is like not being in the Yellow Pages. Your competitors have websites. When a consumer is trying to learn more about services or products, they will go to the Internet to gather information. If you don't have a presence with a website, but your competitor does, your competitor will get the call!
I understand limited budgets. I listen carefully, and if I can offer an alternative with an acceptable outcome, I will work with you to stay within your budget.
I make it easy to pay for my services. There is a down payment when a contract is signed to create your website. Then, installment payments are made at each milestone in the development process. My clients are told in advance approximately how long each phase will take so they can budget accordingly. And I accept cash, checks and credit cards (via PayPal).
What are the hidden costs?
There are no hidden costs when you contract with me. While there are costs beyond the development process, such as domain registration, web hosting, commercial components, logo design, copywriting, maintenance and search engine optimization, I will tell about these costs, if applicable, up front. And, they will vary depending on your needs. You will know what your fixed costs will be before you make your final decision to contract with me.
How long would will it take to complete my web site from start to finish?
This is the most challenging question because there are so many factors that can influence the outcome. The size, scope and complexity of a website is the first factor. The availability of assets (logos, text, video, photos, graphics, etc.) in appropriate the formats is the second factor.
I give you my best estimate based on the size, scope and complexity of the site and the assets of your site. As a frame of reference, I can usually create a simple, less than 10-page site in 1 week.
Is it expensive?
If your website is to inform and educate, motivate and sell, you don't want to distract your customers with lots of fancy and expensive special effects. But if your goal is to entertain, I can do that too!
The complexity of your site, the number of graphics I need to create, the amount of text that needs to be written or edited, the use of video in your site and special effects add to the price tag.
Ways to save from the overall cost:
- You provide the graphics, video, images and copy in appropriate format.
- If you have an idea of how you want the site to look--colors, layout, etc. Surf the web, look at your competitors, decide what you like and what you don't. Sketch the layout on paper, choose your colors and font. The less I have to guess what you might like saves time---and time is money!
- Choose among hundreds of templates. Using one 'out of the box' with minimal customization can also save time and therefore, money.
I know how to keep it simple, effective and affordable.
How do I know if the design of my website is good?
First and foremost, a good website is easy to get around. The design has both practical and intuitive navigation. An uncluttered, easy-on-the-eye design and color scheme with a readable copy are essential.
And, your message needs to be conveyed as well organized ideas with dynamic text to keep readers interested.
I have the skill and equipment to offer:
- Mobile-ready and responsive designs
- Shopping carts
- Database connectivity
- Flash animation
- Pop-up windows
- And lots of bells and whistles
Where do the photos, graphics and text come from?
Usually, my client provide their own photography, or I can recommend a professional photographer. We can also purchase stock photoswhen a generic image will suffice.
I have the means and the experience to provide attention getting images and interesting, informative graphics.
Copy writing the text
I can refer you to copy writing services or editing so you just have to tell our experienced writer about your business and they will create the dynamic text that is easy to read and understand.
Do I have the ability to make changes during the design process?
During the design process,revisions are a common occurrence. Once a client has signed off on a particular page or section, if it needs to be revised, the client will usually incur additional costs, depending on the scope of the changes.
My estimates are based on a limited number of revisions/changes. It is my experience that no more than 2 revisions are needed. Therefore any significant revisions or changes in excess of 2 will incur additional fees.
How can I keep my website up-to-date?
You'll have several options for managing your site after it's completed.
When I am done constructing your new website, you will own it and have full access to it.
If you are comfortable with learning some 'back-end' administration, I will teach you how to manage the back-end of a Joomla or WordPress site as an administrator. The more you are willing to invest in learning, the more control you will have.
However, if your concern it to keep the content up to date, to be able to edit, add and delete content, then I will teach you how you can do that from the front-end with the ease of an editor similar to a wordprocessor program.
Thirdly, I offer a Webmaster service, if you'd like me to manage your new site for you. This is pre-paid, discounted fee to manage and update your site.